CVA’s principal activity is to promote charitable purposes for the benefit
of the community in Croydon and its surrounding areas. CVA carries out its leadership role by promoting a bigger role for VCOs in the life of the borough and by supporting local people to represent their community’s interests and to negotiate on its behalf.
CVA’s mission statement focuses the organisation on “building stronger communities for social change by supporting citizens to take active roles in their neighbourhoods and by championing community organisations that nurture and celebrate local strengths"
As the key local umbrella infrastructure body serving all Croydon’s communities, we run a wide range of services for small groups, social enterprises, larger charities and volunteers at all stages of development.
Whether it's joining a community network, volunteering, catching up with the latest news for the sector, or our property service, you will find this information in our website. You can here read our CVA Theory of Change 2019.
CVA has five strategic aims
- To empower Croydon’s communities
- To strengthen volunteering in the community
- To support the growth and development of community organisations in Croydon
- To advocate on behalf of Croydon’s community organisations
- To work in partnership across the VCS and all sectors