Caritas Anchor House
What we offer
- Phase 1: refurbished accommodation – this phase is now completed, and saw the renovation of our existing residential rooms into individual learning zones, suitable as both a bedroom and a workspace. The rooms provide good quality accommodation and help facilitate study and personal development.
- Phase 2: transitional accommodation – this phase is now completed, and saw the construction of 25 move-on studio flats, adjacent to our main building. They are designed to help residents achieve a sustainable transition back into independent living.
- Phase 3: training facilities – Our training facilities will be expanded to include space for vocational courses, learning zones and a training kitchen to provide amenities for people to gain catering qualifications. This work is ongoing.
- Provide a home for an additional 50 homeless people each year, in purpose built move-on accommodation.
- Provide at least 240 residents and people from the local community opportunities to gain skills and experience from activities such as volunteering, education, training or paid employment every year.
- Support 15% more people with complex needs, such as mental health and substance misuse, to move on to independent living.